Wednesday, January 25, 2012

It's Good To Have Goals

The 100th day of school came and went this week.  They actually celebrate it.  This is a new concept for me. 

Anyway, like I said, celebration.  Lots of learning activities involving the number 100.  Several of the finished products came home in Ellie's folder today. 

Here's the first:

Here's the translation:  Win [When] I am 100 years old I wil[l] we[a]r erenges [earrings].  Win I am 100 I wil have rencls [wrinkles]. 

I think she's showing amazing patience and delirious optimism at the same time.

Here's another 100 day project:
If I had $100, I would buy lannd.

Now, before we dismiss this as evidence that a nearly six year old has no concept of the value of money, I'd like to direct your attention to the illustration.  Very clearly, that is a brunette child (with fabulous flowing locks, of course) standing near a buck-a deer to those of you from the city.  Her Daddy, Uncle Chad and Big Daddy just bought a piece of property in Ideal, Georgia.  The sole purpose of that property is for the killing and subsequent eating of local fauna (and auspiciously the harvesting of timber but I will believe that when I see it).  I can buy her theory that $100 can get you an acre or two in Ideal. 

Plus, I admire her pluckiness.  Reminds me of someone I once knew...


No comments:

Post a Comment