Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Give It Up!

Got a phone call from the hubs last night before I left work giving me the low down on E's position regarding Lent.  She had an opinion as to what Wes should give up and she had put a great deal of thought into her sacrifice.  Wanting to know her take on yours truly, I quizzed her about it in the car on the way to gymnastics:

Me:  So, I hear you're giving up sleeping with Lily* for Lent.

E:  Yeah, I'm six.  I mean I like sleeping with her, but I shouldn't NEED to sleep with her.

Me:  So what's Daddy giving up?

E:  Ketchup.  Have you seen how much of it he eats.  Its a lot.

Me:  That makes sense.  How about Harry.

E:  Daddy said he should give up pooping in his pants, but I don't think that's going to happen.

Me:  Me either.  What about me?

E:  Hmmm, what do you like the most?  Oh, I know, your electric blanket.

Me:  No.

E:  Ok, spaghetti.  You eat way too much of it.  You make us eat way too much of it.  You should give that up.

Me:  D'oh.  Ummm, ok, spaghetti, well, we can have it on Sundays, right, that's feast day, that will work, right, I mean, right?

E:  Not every Sunday.  We need fried chicken every now and then.

Me:  Ok.  Fair enough.  I should give up pasta (gulp).

Me:  (Thinking this would be a fun game) What should Aunt Mamie give up?

E:  Wine.  Hey, maybe that would be good for you too and Miss Carrie, y'all should all give up wine.

Me:  No, I'm going to stick to pasta.  I mean, there's sacrifice and then there's masochism.

E:  Well Mamie should definitely give it up.

Me:  I agree.

First off, she pretty much gets this Lent concept.  Secondly, what a little totalitarian.  So I text Amy who is in the lovely Show Me State this week.  Here's the exchange:



Touché Aunt Mamie,
Touché

*Lily is her beloved liger that her dad picked up for her in Vegas a few years back.  While she looks remarkably like a white tiger (and came from the Siegfried and Roy display, so...) Bob Bob, the dreadlocked lion we've had for 5 years, is her purported father, so we're going with liger.

No comments:

Post a Comment