Saturday, November 21, 2009

Oldies, but Goodies

A few exchanges between Ellie and the powers that be:

Me: Ellie, you need to work on the yes ma'am, no ma'am
Ellie: I'll work on it when I'm older
Me: No, you'll work on it now.
Ellie: How 'bout I just don't answer anymore questions?

Me: Finish your supper.
Ellie: I'm finished.
Me.: You didn't eat anything.
Ellie: It wasn't brownies.

(Get your hankie) (and, as a disclaimer, I knew she'd watch part of the Georgia game and hear that Uga had died, so I thought I'd explain first)

Me: Ellie, Uga died a few days ago.
Ellie: He died? The same one I saw at the game?
Me: Yeah, sweetie, his heart gave out.
Ellie: It's ok, he's with Munson and Jesus is scratching their booties
Me: (Silence. From her lips to God.)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh! I love these, especially the one about Jesus scratching their booties!!! She is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete